Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"It was a bash... it was a MONSTER BASH!"

We got back from a family trip to Mexico very late on Friday (after flight delays and 12 hours of travel) and hosted Easton's first birthday party on Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, we didnt think that one through very well and were pretty much zombies all day! It turned out perfectly though, and everyone had a great time!

Our families and a few friends and their kids came to our house for a “Monster Bash”, complete with monster cake (which an amazingly talented friend of mine made!), monster balloons, lots of food, and a slideshow I put together with our favorite photos from his first year. We also decorated with streamers, a colourful Happy Birthday banner made by me, and a couple of monsters I made out of bristol board and construction paper on the walls. The favours were homemade oatmeal cookies (with baby oat cereal in them) shaped as “1‘s” and they were actually quite tasty considering I made them! He got lots of cute outfits, some books and puzzles, and a play circus tent from his Oma and Opa (Dan's parents)! He also got his first RESP contribution from my parents, which is such a great idea and something I’m so happy to be starting for him so early. From Dan and I he got a mini stick hockey net, a Thomas the Tank mini suitcase, and a car track carpet and cars. I also made him a Growth Chart so we can track his height every birthday.

I'm going to end it here with some photos from his party!

Have a great day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment