Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's our DUE DATE!


Our due date has arrived.... but baby boy has NOT! (Ok, so to be fair, we had 2 due dates given to us. The one based on the 9 week ultrasound is today, the one based on my dating, is Jan 14th) The waiting game is killing me, but I have a feeling it will all come to an end (and a beautiful new beginning!) in just a few days! I’ve been trying my best to exercise patience, but if you know me well, you know it’s not my strong point.

Speaking of patience... I’ve seen a lot of people choosing specific words as a way to sort of represent their new years resolution and I’ve decided that mine will be “patience” for 2013. On an obvious level, being a new mom will require a ton of patience, but on a more introspective level, I need to learn to be more patient with myself and my husband, as well. I’m the type of person that wants things done “yesterday” and I’m not very good at adapting to things being done on anyone else’s schedule. I also have trouble being patient with myself and sometimes “beat myself up” about certain things I wish I could have done better, or sooner, or more effectively, or just differently. Hopefully, with this as my focus for 2013 (among other things.... MANY other things!), I can learn to be more patient with myself and others.

Back to the whole “baby thing”... One reason I’m starting to get impatient about his arrival is because I have a fear of going a week or two overdue, and having to be induced. I’ve read a lot and heard some stories from others about their own induction, and it just doesn’t seem like a pleasant experience. From what I understand, induced labours can cause much less gradual contractions and be way more painful, which is scary! There is also an increased chance of cesarean delivery with induced labours that fail to progress. Another reason I don’t want to be induced is because I want to know that my body can do what its supposed to do and go into labour on its own. I know it sounds silly, but I don’t want to be a failure at being able to deliver a baby without that kind of medical intervention. Anyways, I know that only 50% of babies are actually born by their due dates, and another 30% are born the following week (without induction), so my chances are good that I’ll go into labour before the end of the week... before the end of the day would be nice! LOL.

Sorry for such a short post, but there are a few things I want to get done around the house today! Here is my “Outfit of the Week” for week 40. Dan and I went out for Chinese food last night and then had some friends over for a hilarious game of Balderdash!


Dress: Joe Fresh
Tights: Seraphine Maternity
Purse: H&M
Boots: Aldo

Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully, my next post will feature a few pictures of a beautiful baby boy and the story of his birthday :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I'm praying that you'll go into labor naturally, I don't blame you for wanting to avoid induction. But if it's any consolation, it wasn't so bad being induced - I felt like the contractions worsened more gradually when I was induced than when I went into labor on my own this last time! Can't wait to hear about your boy's arrival!

    ReplyDelete