Thursday, October 11, 2012

3rd Trimester and Photo Overload!

So, here we are - THE THIRD TRIMESTER! 3 months to go. 10 weeks until I'm considered "full-term". And, I feel like I have done NOTHING. Crap.

Ok, so that's a bit of a lie. We HAVE painted the nursery, bought and set up the crib and change table, ordered the bedding, registered at 'Babies R Us', and pre-registered at the hospital. But that's a tiny list compared to what we still have left to do.

Since I'm a type-A list maker, I put together TO-DO BEFORE BABY ARRIVES list, broken down into mini timelines based on what needs to be done first. I'd like to have everything accomplished before Christmas because by then, I'll be 37 weeks and theoretically, baby could arrive at any time! 

And here it is! (In case you're curious, which, who am I kidding... NOBODY CARES! ha ha, anyways....)



To-do Before November 1st

Buy fabric for window valence and closet door curtains in nursery

Have window valence and closet door curtains made and installed in nursery

Hang paintings and bunting (made by my super-talented friend Chantal!) in nursery

Order stroller, bassinet, carseat

Start to monitor baby movement with “Kick Count” method

Clean out garage

Order diaper bag


To-do Before December 1st


Pick up glider from the in-laws

Reorganize furniture in spare room so glider will fit (it doesn’t fit in the nursery - friggin’ small bedrooms!)

Make birth announcement postcards (obviously without pertinent info yet!) and pre-address envelopes

Put winter tires on my car

Buy and wrap Christmas presents

Donate old clothes, shoes, purses, coats to make room in closets


To-do Before December 25th


Launder all baby clothes, towels and blankets

Stock nursery with diapers, wipes, and other essentials

Pack bags for hospital

Install carseat

Take a pre-natal weekend course with Dan

Finish reading “What to Expect the First Year” and “The Happiest Baby on the Block”

Have 9 month maternity photos done

Write and mail thank-you notes for shower gifts

Create “labor and delivery” playlist and load onto i-pod

Write a letter to our “little man” about how excited we are to meet him :)

Replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors

Make meals and freeze them!

Get Lucy groomed

Clean the house (thoroughly!)

Get a hair cut and pre-natal massage (the last “me” day for a while!)

Apply for EI benefits



OK, breathe Devon! You can do it. 

Alright, moving on (since that's enough stress for one day!)

I did an amazing maternity photo shoot earlier this week with Anthony from Chung Photography, and I'm SO pleased with how the photos turned out! Here are a few of my favourites :)

                                
        
    
    
 

We're going out this weekend to order the stroller, bassinet and car seat (it takes 6-8 weeks to arrive), and here is what we decided on! 

               



It's the Peg Perego "Skate" system. This stroller is amazing because it allows you to attach the bassinet for long walks when the baby is young, transition to an upright stroller when he's a bit older, and of course, you can attach the carseat as well! We plan on also using the bassinet on a rocking stand in our bedroom for sleeping the first few months until we move him into his crib/room. 

After much deliberation, I also decided on my diaper bag! It's the Charlie II convertible diaper bag by Timi & Leslie


Cute right? It also comes with all kinds of useful items (change pad, wipes case, insulated bottle tote, "mom clutch", etc) so if I want to use a different bag for spring and summer (I've got tons of oversized handbags), I can just use all the same accessories.

For this weeks Outfit of the Week, I put together a "Casual Autumnal Dog Walk Look". HAHA. Dan and I took Lucy on a nice walk through the ravine across the street from us, so we decided to incorporate our fur-baby in some of the photos! 

Jeans: Habitual
Jacket: Primark
Purse: H&M
Shoes: American Eagle



Alright - that's it until next time! Have a great week! 



4 comments:

  1. Your list reminds me of my to-do list with my son - I had it broken down into different deadlines like that too! You look great too, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Callie! You were my inspiration for the To-Do list! Thanks for the idea - it's helped a ton :)

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures, they are such classy maternity photos! And drooling over your diaper bag! Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thank you! And yes, isn't the bag gorgeous?! I'm so excited to use it!

      Delete