Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mommy Make up!

This week has flown by! Supply teaching has finally started to pick up which is nice because I'm getting bored of being at home thinking about all the stuff I have to do before January... and not doing it. LOL. I did, however, cross a few things off my "To-Do" list from last weeks post! (*Pat on the back*)

Lately, I've been reading a few different blogs which focus and makeup and beauty. I thought it would be a cool idea to figure out a simple and quick "Mommy Makeup" routine that I can do in 5 minutes! I know being a mom will mean less time for myself, but being able to smear on some makeup in a manner that will lead to a half decent outcome, is still important to me! I just feel so much better with a bit of product on! 

So, without further adieu, here is my "5 Minute Mommy Makeup" routine and a photo (Eeek, that's close!) of the final outcome. I think (hope?) it's acceptable as an easy everyday look.




I've labeled the products based on the order I apply them. Some of these products I use on a consistent basis, others are just what happened to be on sale or in my makeup case! The brushes are as follows:

MAC Kabuki Brush #182
MAC Angled Blush Brush #168
MAC Eye Shadow Fluff Brush #213
Smashbox Angle Brow Brush #12
Pink and Black Bronzer Brush - no idea!!! (it's ancient!)


Here is my "Pregnancy Journal" entry for week 28!

Size of baby: 2.25 lbs and 14.8 inches long! 

What's baby up to?: He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Total weight gain/loss: 22 lbs (It seems like a lot to me but average is 17-24 lbs at this point, so I’m good. Phew!)

Pregnancy symptoms: Knock on wood... not much other than a sore back and fatigue. 

Maternity clothes? Yep - pretty much everything I’m wearing is maternity now with the exception of a few stretchy tops, and some of my “fat” pants. I’ve busted out the winter jacket this week since its starting to get really cold, and it BARELY zips up... 

Stretch marks? Nothing yet! Thank you Palmer’s Cocoa Butter! 

Sleep: 8-9 hours (but not very deep sleep -  I wake up at least twice each night)

Best moment this past week: Starting the 3rd trimester! January will be here before we know it! 

Miss Anything? Coffee and modeling and wearing my non-maternity clothes! 

Movement: Tons! I started doing a kick-count before bed and so far it hasn’t taken longer than 9 minutes to feel 10 movements. His kicks are getting stronger and are more visible now. 

Food Cravings: Fruit! (can’t complain about that one!)

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nada

Gender predictions: Predict no more -  IT’S A BOY! 

Labor sigs: Nope

Belly Button in or out: It’s pretty much completely out

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody: Both? I'll admit it, I had some minor "freak outs" this week and last (Sorry Dan!). I'm definitely nesting and when the house isn't perfect, it's apparently the end of the world to me!

Looking forward to: Ordering the stroller this week and my first visit to the OB (I’ve been seeing my family doctor up until now). A doctors appointment is probably a weird thing to be looking forward to but whatever! 


Lastly, my "Outfit of the Week" posting! It was a rainy, miserable weekend so we got a bunch of errands done and cleaned the house. Woohoo for comfy clothes! When the rain stopped, we quickly ran across the street to the little playground and snapped away! (I've featured these pants in a previous OOTW, but I love them, so here they are again!)

Sweater: Dex
Tank: Jacob
Shoes: Walmart!

Alright, that's it! I'm off to order the stroller now :)

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment