Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nursery Decor and Delicious Cravings!

It's been such a busy week! Between dropping my husband off at Police College, photographing a wedding and an engagement session, editing a bazillion photos, going out to eat (on multiple occasions!), hanging out with friends, and remembering to take a moment to relax, the past 7 days have flown by and here we are beginning week 23! Only 17 weeks left! Thinking about how fast the first 17 weeks came and went, it's a scary thought that I only have that many remaining in this pregnancy!

Luckily, I've been feeling fabulous lately! Still on the Diclectin to control my nausea, but thats really the only symptom thats persisted this week, so I can't complain.

Speaking of pregnancy symptoms, I had a mean craving for chocolate chip banana bread the other day, and finally got around to making it today! I've included the recipe and a few photos of the step-by-step deliciousness! This is the moistest, most chocolatey, and flavourful banana bread recipe I've tried, so I know you'll love it!


CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA LOAF

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 bananas
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Instructions
Heat oven to 350C
Combine and mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.

Place batter in a greased bread pan (bottom only) or in muffin tins.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.


Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Complete cooling on a wire rack.


Serve & Enjoy! 
(I like to warm mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds, so the chocolate chips get all melty... nom nom nom!)


I had a million photos of nursery ideas/inspiration I wanted to post today, so instead of inundating you with random pictures, I made a little inspiration board for the baby's room! (Yes, today wasn't quite as busy as the past week!) I'll be ordering the bedding in the next few weeks, taping and painting the walls (hopefully this weekend), and shopping for art, accessories and other cute pieces to complete our little mans room! Knowing the rate that I work at though, it won't be completely done until the winter. Oh well - 4 months is plenty of time to make it just perfect!



Now for my outfit of the week posting! I went out for dinner last night (Indian, YUM!) with my two closest girlfriends, so we took a few snaps of my casual look for the bloggy! The striped top is non-maternity, but the skinny jeans are from Seraphine Maternity, and they're amaaaaaaazing! The perfect length, perfect colour, and they're super comfy! The elastic waistband is just the right thickness, so I can wear them after baby arrives as well :)

Top: Max Studio
Cardigan: H&M
Sandals: Birkenstock
Purse: Aldo

Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment