Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Ultrasound Results

Week 22 started out with a visit to my family doctor to get the results of the ultrasound and for the regular monthly pre-natal checkup. Everything with baby boy looks wonderful! She said his growth his right on track, his organs look developed, and his heartbeat is strong! She said the one thing of potential concern that the ultrasound tech found is that the placenta is "low lying" which means its too close to my cervix. She explained that the placenta always starts out low and moves up as the uterus grows but in some cases, it doesn't move up far enough or just moves up a little later on. The implication is that if it remains where it is, I'll have to have a cesarean as a normal vaginally delivery could be very dangerous to the baby. On the plus side though, she said in most cases it DOES move up to where it needs to be, before 40 weeks. She advised that I should limit my exercise (not that I'd been doing a ton anyways) and generally "take it easy" until they can do another ultrasound around 30 weeks to determine whether things are looking more promising. Lets all do the "GO PLACENTA GO" cheer and hope that it gets to where it should be in the next 8 weeks!

In other news, we bought a crib and change table a few weeks ago, and the crib arrived on Monday! Of course I HAD to set it up right away, and I'm proud to say I did it myself! Take a lil' looksie!


The only other item in the nursery at the moment is a massive shelving unit from Ikea that we had before, and some white storage baskets to keep things organized.


Baby boy's closet is starting to look more like his momma's, with more new duds arriving weekly! I went a bit crazy at Talize (a local 2nd hand store) the other day since everything was like $3 or $4 and in great condition! I think I'll be doing a lot more shopping at consignment/second hand shops, since baby clothes really only get used for a few months before they grow out of them!


Last but not least, the promised "Outfit of the Week" post for week 22! Dan and I went out for a nice dinner this past weekend to celebrate his new job, so I wore my new Animal Print Knotted Maternity Dress from Seraphine Maternity! Isn't it pretty? I really love the colour and the knot under the bust makes the ladies look lovely! :P My fabulous photographer (... Dan) forgot to get some full length shots, but it hits just a few inches above the knee which means I can wear it to work too! I think I'll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of this dress since its perfect for fall, winter and spring.


I think that's all for now! I'll post again next week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment