Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Horoscope and Birth Order - Any truth to it?

My sister-in-law and I went to a baby shower for her cousin, last night, and we got talking with a couple girls about horoscopes and birth order and whether or not we think there is any truth to the various theories regarding personality traits and character attributes. The conversation got me interested so, of course, I had to do some "googling"!

Here is what I found out about Capricorns and First-borns!



Capricorn males:


down to earth
practical 
ambitious 
self-driven
patient 
responsible
organized/studious
intelligent
goal-oriented
mature
ethical and usually follow the rules
values image and material security and savings
strategic/planner
gives practical advice
dependable and trustworthy
successful
natural leader
financially responsible
committed to his work
“loner” at heart 
craves affection and love 
sensitive
deep feelings about people and issues that are important to him
charming
witty
sarcastic 
shy
insecure about looks and appearance



Capricorn children:

teacher’s pet and mommy’s best little helper
rarely rude or out of control in his behaviour
craves respect 
enjoys school

doesn’t outwardly share emotions
warm, loving, loyal, and sensitive
asks permission 
can come across as arrogant

seeks approval from parents and authority figures
delightful sense of humor
creative imagination

will need reminders that its ok to play and have fun
tends to have self-esteem issues

mature compared to peers
diligent work ethic 
innate sense of right and wrong

needs reassurance that he is likeable and loveable
follows the rules as long as he understands why they exist
loyal to friends and family
smart and capable
worries about popularity and dating in teen years



First borns:

natural leaders
reliable
conscientious 
high-achiever
perfectionists 
don't like surprises
aggressive
places a lot of pressure on himself
people pleasers
craves parental attention
model children
strong need for approval from anyone in charge
prefers adult company
strong leader
follows the rules
organized

I find it very interesting that there seem to be several similarities between first-borns and Capricorn males. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if our little man fits the mould!

Sweater: Gap
Leggings: Seraphine
Purse: Roots
Necklace: Suzy Sheir
Boots: Zellers (surprised?!)

Of course, here's another Outfit of the Week post! Dan and I met for a casual dinner tonight in Woodstock (which is about half-way from our house and police college, where he'll be staying until the end of November). I forgot to get him to take some photos when he was home this weekend, but we managed to find a pretty field across the street from the restaurant to get some shots.

This week has been CHILLY! (I mean like 11 degrees Celsius, chilly) Totally NOT acceptable for September! Anyways, I had to bust out my fall clothes and some of my boots, from the basement to put this outfit together. The sweater is from the Gap (not maternity, just oversized) and the leggings are from Seraphine, my new favourite place to shop for maternity clothes. Let me tell you that these leggings are FREAKING AMAZING! There called Bamboo Leggings and they're made from this special bamboo material which is super soft, stretchy, and is meant to promote healthy circulation. Nice!

I'll leave you with another 'Pregnancy Journal' - this one for 24 weeks:

Size of baby: Approximately 1.3 lbs and 11.8 inches long! 

What's baby up to?: Though he still has little body fat and his skin is thin and fragile, your baby is now well-proportioned. His brain is growing rapidly, and he is starting to fill the space in your uterus. If you went into labour at this time, many obstetricians and midwives would make every effort to halt the progress of premature labour to enable your baby to continue maturing. 

Total weight gain/loss: 16 lbs 

Pregnancy symptoms: Some nausea (still) and I think I’ve begun to feel some “Braxton Hicks” contractions

Maternity clothes? Yep - pretty much everything I’m wearing is maternity now with the exception of a few flowy or stretchy tops, and some of my “fat” pants lol

Stretch marks? Nothing yet!

Sleep: 8-9 hours at night and the occasional mid-afternoon nap.

Best moment this past week: Just feeling TONS of movement which makes me feel more connected to my little guy :)

Miss Anything? Coffee (and being able to take cold medication... I’ve got something coming on, booo)

Movement: Tons! Pretty much every time I put my hands on my belly for at least 5 minutes I’ll feel something. I’ve also begun to SEE some of the stronger kicks, which is really bizarre! 

Food Cravings: Jalepeno Cheddar Doritos and mangos (not together!)

Anything making you queasy or sick:  the smell of garbage

Have you started to show yet: Yes - I think I “popped” this past week! 

Gender predictions: Predict no more -  IT’S A BOY! 

Labor sigs: Nope

Belly Button in or out: In-betweeny 

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody: Happy!

Looking forward to:  Painting the nursery this weekend and for the bedding to arrive! I ordered it off Etsy from a seller called ‘Modified Tot’, who makes beautiful custom crib bedding! 

2 comments:

  1. Also... your baby is the year of the Dragon according to the Chinese Zodiac. You should read up on it. Pretty cool. Apparently there is a baby boom in Asia around this time because people want their children to be born in the year of the dragon. This may be the inspiration for my next tattoo :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks Katie! I'll have to look into it!

      Delete