Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mad nesting...


Nesting: “an uncontrollable urge to clean one’s house, brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.”
                                                                                                                                       - Parenting Weekly

It has begun. So far today, (and its not even suppertime yet), I’ve rearranged the art on my walls (why this was necessary, I don’t know, there are surely more meaningful things I could be doing with all of this energy!), wiped down and sanitized every surface in my kitchen and bathroom, cleaned out my closet, organized the spare room, filed a bajillion bills, receipts and various paperwork, rearranged the books on my bookshelf (again - WHY?), did 2 loads of laundry and the dishes. I still plan on vacuuming and cleaning the floors, windows and coffee/side tables in the family room, cooking dinner and going to my husbands hockey game. And then I will sleep. Sleep until it goes out of style. 

This past week was not so productive. I taught all day Monday and a half day Tuesday, and then I got an awful flu/stomach bug which had me in bed (and hovered over the toilet) all day Wednesday, and part of Thursday. I had my OB appointment Thursday afternoon, by which time I was thankfully feeling better. Everything was fine - My blood pressure was a bit low (which it has been since I got pregnant, so nothing new there), my weight was only up a 1/2 lb (probably would have been higher had I not puked the entire day before) and my fundal measurement was spot on for 32 weeks. I was given a requisition for another ultrasound which will be on Dec 3rd, to check on the placental abruption. I asked my OB what would happen if it looked worse, and she said they would consider bed rest or early induction, so fingers crossed it’s gotten better, rather than worse. As much as I’d like to meet this little guy soon, I think he needs another few weeks of cooking! On Friday, I taught another half day and then Dan came home for the weekend, we had dinner and did some major vegging (the opposite of nesting - go figure!)

Tomorrow, we have our prenatal course from 9 a.m - 3 p.m, which I’m really looking forward to, and will report on next week!

Here is my outfit for today. Over night, we got our first dusting of snow! Lucy was VERY excited so we strapped on her boots and winter coat, and took her for a walk. Add that to my list of accomplishments for the day, LOL... And who says you can't wear red lipstick to walk the dog!?
Hat, Mitts & Scarf: Roxy
Coat: Guess
Top: Aritzia
Boots: Joe Fresh

...and Lucy's coat is from Roots and her boots are from PetSmart :)

Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend! (and if you got some of the “white stuff” like us, enjoy the snow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment