Saturday, December 01, 2012

Now I can say "I'm due NEXT MONTH!"


This week started out with our prenatal class on Sunday. It was instructed by a perinatal nurse at the hospital we’ll be delivering at, and there were 2 other couples there in addition to us. The instructor was very knowledgable, to the point, and helpful, and both Dan and I are glad we went! We covered topics about late pregnancy, all the stages of labour and delivery and newborn care. There was a DVD with some helpful info (and a few graphic scenes lol) and we got a magazine/book type thing with everything that was covered. We had to “breastfeed” dolls with crocheted boobs (the guys too!), which was hilarious, we also went over diaper changing and bathing, and a few other newborn things. For those of you who live in our area and are expecting, let me know if you want any information about the classes, and I can send you all the details.

The following evening, on Monday, two of Dan’s aunts (with the help of his mom and sister), threw me a really nice little baby shower. It was great to see some faces I hadn’t seen in a while, eat some delicious treats, and receive some beautiful gifts for baby boy! We got some adorable outfits, a BabyBjorn carrier, some nursing necessities, toys and stuffed animals, and various practical items. Dan’s sister Becky went above and beyond with her gift - I absolutely love it. She MADE a custom onesie for each month of his first year of life, for a photo shoot to show how much he grows! Such a thoughtful present from his favorite auntie! 


And here are a few photos from the shower :)


Wednesday night, I went to a dinner banquet with Dan at Police College, to celebrate his graduation. The food was delicious, and I got to meet some of his new friends! On Thursday, I went back with his parents and siblings to watch his actual graduation ceremony called “march past”. I’m so proud of my hubby - It was a long and difficult three months, but he did an amazing job and I know he’ll make a wonderful police officer. 

Today, we decorated for Christmas! I always try to get all my decorating done at the very beginning of December, since it takes so long to do, and they really don’t stay up that long! I think it turned out pretty nice. It’s crazy to think that this is our last Christmas with just the two of us (and Lucy of course). Next year is going to be verrryyy different! Here are a few pics of our decor.


After such a busy week, I totally forgot to do an Outfit of the Week post. Whoops! I did take an updated belly shot, though, to add to my comparison strip thing. Here it is - I feel so huge at 34 weeks! 


That’s all, until next week. Happy December everyone! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the custom onesies, what a sweet gift! You look great too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete