Sunday, December 16, 2012

Less than a month to go!

Another week has flown by and we’re officially less than a month from our due date (28 days to be exact!). Next weekend I’ll be 37 weeks (considered full-term), which means baby boy could come at any time! Am I ready? HECK YES! (Well, there are a few things I still need to buy, but they can wait - I’ve got all the necessities!)

In other news, Dan and I both got sick this week - sore throat, congestion, cough - us and the rest of the world, it seems. I taught a bunch (it was my last week!), did some Christmas baking with my mother-in-law and sis-in-law, and finished my Christmas shopping (and wrapping!). This afternoon is Family Christmas #1 with my dad’s side of the family - and the holiday rush officially begins! OH YA - we also got a new vehicle! Check out my “Mommy Wheels” :) 



Here’s an updated bump photo to compare to the others. This last month is going to show some significant growth, I think! 

... and a frontal version - ha ha ha - it actually looks like I swallowed a watermelon!
  
I figured it’s time for another “Pregnancy Journal” entry considering I haven’t done one since 31 weeks!

  Pregnancy Journal for Week: 36

Size of Baby: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (let’s be honest... ours is probably already 20”!)

What's baby up to?: He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs

Pregnancy symptoms: Fatigue, backaches, occasional heartburn, frequent urination (like... way more... so annoying!), pelvic pressure/pain (combined with easier breathing, I think that means he’s “dropped!”) One thing that seems to have gone away are Braxton Hicks contractions... or maybe I just haven’t been feeling them like I was before?

Maternity clothes?: Yep, mostly everything. Even some of my maternity jeans are starting to feel uncomfortable like they’re digging in to the bottom of my belly. I’m pretty much living in leggings!

Stretch marks?: Nothing  - fingers crossed it stays that way!

Sleep: about 9 hrs during the night, with the occasional afternoon nap.

Best moment this past week: Since I didn’t have an ultrasound or OB appointment or do anything “baby related” this week, I’d have to say that baking with Dan’s mom and sister was the best moment! We made a ton of delicious Christmas goodies, and I had a blast doing it :)

Miss Anything?: Not really! I’m surprised I don’t miss my morning coffee more, but tea has really grown on me!  (I switched when I found out I was pregnant, since it’s got less caffeine).

Movement: Still lots of movement! It feels different though. Less “kick-like” and more like he’s trying to roll around in there. His movements are usually very obvious from the outside and I can see my belly bulge out to one side! So strange.

Food Cravings: My sweet tooth is back! Dark chocolate, clementines/oranges, milk!

Exercise: Lots of walking (...more like waddling).

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.

Gender predictions: It’s a boy!

Labor signs: The past couple of weeks, I’ve been feeling constant pelvic pressure, which I think means that “lightening” has occurred (ie. he’s dropped and ready to rumble!)

Belly Button in or out: Mostly out.

Wedding rings on or off: On! (I haven’t experienced any swelling at all...)

Happy or Moody: Happy! ... although more easily irritated than usual.

Looking forward to: MEETING OUR BABY BOY! I just cant wait to see what he looks like, hear him cry, kiss him, and bring him home! It’s been such a long 9 months and Dan and I are ready to welcome the most precious addition to our family.
 ______________________________________

Lastly, my Outfit of the Week. This is what I'm wearing for our family Christmas get-together this afternoon, at my aunt and uncles. We're leaving now! 
Top: Smart Set
Sweater: H&M
Pants: Dish
Boots: Aldo
Necklace: Suzy Shier



No comments:

Post a Comment