Saturday, December 29, 2012

In the home stretch now!

What a crazy week! We did a TON of running (well... driving) around for various Christmas celebrations and I’m officially exhausted! Last Friday I went solo (Dan had to work) to a Christmas potluck that some friends of ours hosted. I honestly cannot remember what I did on Saturday, but I’m sure it was busy lol. Sunday we went to Georgetown for another Christmas dinner with 2 other families that we do every year. Monday (Christmas Eve) was spent with Dan’s side, and Christmas day, with my side in Georgetown. On Boxing Day, I went out for breakfast with my two best friends and then relaxed the rest of the day. Thursday we did some shopping for the last few baby items on our list and then I had my weekly OB appointment. Dan worked yesterday and I did MORE shopping (this time for myself!) and we took down the Christmas decorations. Today we ran some more errands and bought and installed a new toilet for the powder room and new track lighting for the family room. I think I need to crawl into bed and hibernate until I go into labour! LOL. 

Christmastime is so exhausting, but this year it was truly amazing! I’m so thankful that I get to spend this time of year with my family and closest friends, exchange gifts, eat delicious food (and gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks! EEEKKK), and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. I can’t wait to celebrate Christmas next year with our almost 1 year old son! So crazy!

I had every intention of documenting this years Christmas festivities by taking hundreds of photos, but I hardly took any! I guess I was just enjoying myself too much to remember to take some photos... very unlike me! Anyways, here's a photo of my parents tree on Christmas morning (before the opening began). A little excessive, right?! Next year, I will obviously make up for the lack of photos this year!


Alright, so in terms of pregnancy updates - we’re 38 weeks pregnant today! Baby boy will be in my arms in 2 weeks (and not a day later! Noooo way!) It’s still totally surreal to me that I’m going to have a baby in a few short weeks, and be a mom for the rest of my life! I’m so excited and nervous and anxious at the same time!

I’m feeling very prepared physically, having completed everything on my “To-Do” list (posted here back in October). Feeling mentally prepared is a different story, entirely. I’m so unsure of what to expect when contractions begin, during labour and delivery, immediately after he’s born, and of course when it comes to being a mom and the new responsibilities it entails! I suppose these feelings are completely normal for new parents, but it still doesn’t make it any less nerve-wracking! I know I’ve done everything I could have to prepare myself, so I’ll just have to trust that that’ll be enough (and that my motherly instinct will kick in when it needs to!)

I’ll leave you with a ‘Bump Photo’ for comparison (I seriously didn’t think it could get any bigger than it was in my 36 week pic, but alas, it has grown (and dropped!). I blame it on the delicious Christmas food!)


 
... And my “Outfit of the Week” - what I wore today. Gotta love a casual Saturday!

 Sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: Seraphine
T-shirt: ?
Scarf: Winners
Purse: H&M
Boots: Sorel (Tivoli suede)

I won’t be posting again until 2013, so I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years!

Cheers to a great year, and an even better one to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment