Saturday, August 11, 2012

My 'normal' clothes are officially too small :(


How far along? 18 weeks (August 11th 2012)

Size of baby: 5 1/2 inches long (crown to rump) or approx. 8 1/2 inches long (top of head to feet) and weighs 7 ounces. 

What's baby up to? 

He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Total weight gain/loss: 13 lbs 

Pregnancy symptoms: I get extremely hungry if I don’t eat every few hours. I’m tired more than usual, and peeing often! 

Maternity clothes? Almost all of my bottoms are uncomfortable (the waist band digs in when I sit down) so I use either an elastic band or “belly band” to keep them up without doing them up! I bought a bunch of maternity tanks but most of my regular tops still fit alright. 

Stretch marks? nope

Sleep: 8 hours minimum plus an occasional 1hr nap in the afternoon

Best moment this past week: Hearing the heartbeat at my 17 week doctors appointment. I hadn’t heard it since the ultrasound at 9 weeks.

Have you told family and friends: Yes, we did so at 12 weeks. I think everyone knows now! 

Miss Anything? Caffeine! 

Movement: Not yet

Food Cravings:  Cranberry juice, grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches, McDonalds fries (which I’m trying my hardest not to give in to!)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Have you started to show yet: Yes, a little bit! (see 18 week photo below!)

Gender predictions: No idea! I flip back and forth every day! 

Labor sigs: No

Belly Button in or out: Innie, but it’s starting to pop out a little bit and feels like a bubble.

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody: Happy! 

Weekly Wisdom: Get things done while you can still move! (although, I really need to listen to my own advice!)

Looking forward to: August 27th - 2nd trimester ultrasound and finding out the sex! 

Yes, that is an elastic band holding my jeans up!


No comments:

Post a Comment