Thursday, August 09, 2012

A 'Smorgasbord' update!

It's been a while! I've been super busy this past month with a course I'm taking for teaching, various photographic endeavors, and a cottage get-away, I just haven't found the time to post! Well fear not, dear friends, I'll be posting WEEKLY from now on!

I'll be 18 weeks pregnant on Sunday, which I just can't believe. Where did the last 4.5 months go?! We're almost half way done! I've got quite a few random updates for this post, so here we go...

First off, we bought our first "baby items" last week - a crib and change table for the nursery! They're due to arrive at the end of August, and I cant wait to set them up in the room and start planning/decorating the room!

That leads me to my next update... I had my 4 month pre-natal appointment last Friday and we got the requisition to book the comprehensive 2nd trimester ultrasound which typically happens between 18 and 20 weeks. I was hoping I could book it asap and get in during my 18th week but this particular clinic prefers to do it at 20 weeks since its more detailed and the sonographer is able to see more - so another 2 weeks to wait! We are both very IMpatiently waiting to find out the gender of this baby! I think it will make things that much more real since right now, it's still sometimes hard for me to believe I've got a life growing inside me! In addition to finding out the sex, though, the scan actually checks for some very important things. The sonographer will check that the baby is developing properly, and look at the position of the placenta in my uterus. The baby's organs, hands, feet, face, bones, etc will also be checked.

And what's new with me? This past month I've felt the most 'normal' I have so far. My nausea and morning sickness has subsided (I'm still taking 1 Diclectin before bed which helps me in the mornings) and as long as eat every couple of hours, I feel great! I'm hoping that by 20 weeks or so I wont have to take the Diclectin any longer, but I've also heard some women end up needing it for the entire pregnancy. I figure taking 1 per day is better than NOT taking it at all and not being able to keep down a single morsel of food.

I'm still not looking very pregnant, although I've gained 13 pounds already! I think my body needed the extra weight in the beginning since I packed on 10 pounds in the first three months without eating any differently. I'm actually supposed to gain 1-2 pounds per week until the end of the pregnancy but I've only gained 3lbs in the last 6 weeks. My doctor said my gain is on the low end, but she's not worried since some natually thin women just cant gain as easily as others. And believe me, I'm definitely eating! I have a feeling as the end draws closer and the baby starts to fatten up, I'll pack on a bunch of weight during the last month!

Anyways, I think thats about all for updates this week! I'm without my camera at the moment, so I'll post a bump photo in the next few days - I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment