Monday, August 20, 2012

Half way there!

So we're starting week 20 today! I can't believe we're half way through this pregnancy. Time seriously flies!

This past week has been wonderful, symptoms-wise, with the exception of yesterday. I should preface this story with the fact that I decided it would be good idea to NOT take my Diclectin (for those of you who have been reading my blog, its the miracle pill that has kept me from hurling every 20 minutes for the last hmmm... lets see.... 14 weeks or so!) I'm running low on my prescription so I thought I would see how a day went without it.... I mean, I really shouldn't have morning sickness anymore!

Anyways, after church, my mother-in-law and aunt visiting from Edmonton asked if I wanted to tag along on their trip to Paris, ON (about 20 minutes from Waterloo) to go to this massive craft store. I had nothing to do until later in the afternoon (besides clean the fridge and/or under the sink, and lets be honest... anything is better than that!), so I said yes. 

We went for a lovely little lunch first and I had a chicken noodle soup and turkey sandwich.... then we hit the road. About 10 minutes into our drive, my M-I-L noticed in her rearview mirror that all the colour had drained from my face while I noticed I was breaking a serious sweat and my lunch had started its adventure back up my esophagus. I promptly requested a bag and... you know how it goes. So I felt better immediately afterwards! yay! Maybe I could enjoy this afternoon and the family BBQ we had planned, after all. HA HA - ya right. I'll save you the details but I was sick 3 or 4 more times that afternoon before calling it a night and going to bed at 6:30 pm.

Soooo, moral of the story - just take the stupid little pill, Devon, and stop trying to be a hero! 

Oh but I should add, while at said craft store, my mother-in-law did find an adorable pattern for a blanket she's going to knit for baby! And I found a stuffed sock monkey for his/her nursery :) Isn't he cute!? 



We also received some baby 'swag' since announcing our pregnancy! Check out our little starter wardrobe! So teensy-weensy and cute! (and gender-neutral for now - 1 MORE WEEK UNTIL ULTRASOUND DAY!)


Speaking of wardrobe, my maternity wardrobe will be growing soon! I've ordered a few items from this FABULOUS company called Seraphine Maternity  which is originally based in the UK, but has grown internationally and it's EASY to see why! Their clothing is so beautiful and current and the fabrics they use are of amazing quality! The maternity stores in and around Waterloo are seriously lacking in style and are so uninspiring. I'm extremely excited to receive my order (hopefully arriving this week!) and sharing some photos of my bump in its new duds! 




Stay tuned for another bloggie coming very soon! :) 


3 comments:

  1. Amazing! We are so close in due dates! I just hit 20 Weeks today! Your little template is so cute... I have been slowly but surely creating a Mixbook of our pregnancy, have you thought about doing anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyrstie! Thanks for the message! What's a Mixbook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bummer about still being sick! That's no good. :-/ The sock monkey is so cute though!

    ReplyDelete