Monday, August 27, 2012

It's a ......

Today was the day! We finally had our 20 week anatomy scan and were able to find out the gender of our little one! The ultrasound took about an hour and was the longest hour of my life since I wanted her to wait until the end, when Dan was able to come in, to tell us the gender. 

Before I get to that (sorry!), here's a picture of our dog Lucy that we posted on  Facebook to have our friends and family guess the gender... 7 people guessed girl, 7 guessed boy! 


Ok, back to the ultrasound story! I actually asked the sonographer if she could show us the screen so I could guess myself. As soon as she scanned between the legs, I knew and I said "ohhhh I think I see a little something there!" She laughed and said "Yes, you definitely do!" 



Dan and I (and big sister Lucy!) are so thrilled to be welcoming our little man into the world in a few short months! Let the decorating and shopping begin! 

The results of the diagnostic part of the ultrasound will be sent to my doctor and I will get the low-down on everything at my next appointment with her, which is Friday. Fingers crossed that everything looks good! 

Here are the ultrasound photos that we got to take home! (and the sonographer was sure to point out that yes, our son DOES have 5 fingers on both hands but because of the angle of the shot, the pinky got cut off).







I'll be posting again later this week! Thanks for reading :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Little boys are so much fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Callie! We are SO excited to meet him!

    ReplyDelete